Hope4Babies is a ministry of King of Kings which aims to provide hope and options to mothers who are dealing with unplanned or unwanted pregnancies.
We provide free pregnancy options counselling and counselling to those who wish to relinquish their child for adoption. If you would like to talk to one of our trained counsellors please contact the church office on: 021 7854200 or H4B on: 072 116 5403
We also aim to counter baby dumping by offering a unique alternative to new moms in desperate situations. We provide a drop off point (the baby safe) where a mother can leave her baby anonymously, legally and safely, 24 hours a day if she is not comfortable coming forward to discuss her situation.
How to get involved
There are several ways you can partner with H4B.
- Help us raise awareness regarding the plight of many new born lives here in our valley, by requesting materials that you can share with your circle of influence.
- H4B provides “new baby packs” to mothers who come to hospital to give birth and have nothing for their baby. We welcome gently used and new baby item donations, with a particular need for newborn sizes.
- We would like to encourage you to consider whether God may be calling you to become a foster parent or an adoptive parent. There are many babies in the foster system who desperately need loving homes and we would love to walk this journey with you.
- We are looking for partners to sustain and further our ministry, with prayer and financially. Would you pray that the course of many lives would be changed and that women would find hope for themselves and their babies, so that none would be abandoned?
- There are so many women that need the support of a counsellor. If you have any counselling experience or would like to get some training and would like to get involved in our counselling service, please do contact us! We would love to be able to support more women in our communities.
- Donate – click here for details
Frequently asked questions
Is Hope4Babies necessary?
Yes, unfortunately it is. Thousands of African refugees and South Africans are struggling to survive in the midst of poverty, unemployment, high rates of disease, and the devastation of addiction, domestic abuse and broken families. One result is that newborn babies are literally being thrown away . Many women need support during their pregnancies and need the support of a counsellor to talk through their options regarding their unborn child. We believe that every life is precious and every baby should have a chance to live.
What happens when a baby is placed in the baby safe?
Once a baby is placed in the baby safe and the door is closed, the door automatically locks keeping the baby safe. The safe has been designed to detect an infant and once a baby is placed inside, the safe will instantly notify three different volunteers via telephone. One of the local volunteers will then retrieve baby within minutes.
What happens next?
One of our volunteers will then look after the baby and organise a medical check up and contact social services who will then take responsibility of the infant and will find a suitable foster/ adoptive home.
Is it legal?
Yes, this service is entirely legal in South Africa.
Can I get involved?
Yes! Please refer back to How to get involved
How can I adopt?
We are not an adoption agency and therefore do not directly deal in adoptions. All babies that come through Hope4Babies are handed over to an authorised adoptive agency who will then place the baby into suitable foster care until an adoption can be organised. However, we have walked the adoptive journey with others and can offer some advice. Please either contact H4B or the church office for more information.